Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Word Clouds

I learned about Wordle from Miss Lovebug over on weddingbee. It’s this ubercool online program that generates “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.

Here’s an example of the words from a draft of our wedding ceremony (names and places removed to protect the innocent): You can use any text you like – try the Gettysburg Address:
The Velveteen Rabbit: Or the lyrics from a favorite song (“Here Comes the Sun,” by the Beatles): Fun that's totally free? Found it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello-
I happened upon your Velveteen Rabbit wordle and thought it was wonderful! My son's kindergarten class just got back from a performance based on the book and I thought this would be perfect to give to each of the students. I was having a problem printing it out so I thought I would create my own but was wondering how you got the wording represented so well? I didn't think you'd have to cut/paste the entire story but not really sure how to get this done to look as wonderful as you have it. If you would be kind enough to share it I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Eileen
eyezeep@hotmail.com