Monday, August 18, 2008

Recipe for Makin' Love

I’m sincerely hoping that our first dance to the uber cute song “Recipe for Making Love” by Harry Connick, Jr. We have a few other songs that have very special meanings to us, and we could sway back and forth to those songs. Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts. True Companion by Marc Cohn. C is for Cookie by the Cookie Monster. You know. The classics.

source

As much as I like those romantic slow songs, I’d like for people to be entertained by our first dance. I love the whole
trick-first-dance-followed-by-a-rockin’-dance-number, but it’s become so common that people sort of expect it nowadays. I think something between the stand-and-sway and the trick-first-dance is the way to go. Thus the delightful Harry Connick song.

As you guys know, I’ve been planning a
family wedding photo guestbook. And I want to give people the opportunity to write something in the book other than their addresses, which we already know, or they wouldn’t have gotten their wedding invitations, so they wouldn’t be at the wedding, and they wouldn’t be signing the guestbook. Duh. So I started thinking about our first dance song, and I came up with this question for people to answer in the guestbook:

If marriage is a recipe, what are its ingredients?


source

Whaddya think? Do you like the question? What are the ingredients?

1 comment:

backyardwedding said...

This is very similar to what we are doing!
http://abackyardwedding.blogspot.com/2008/05/recipe-for-love.html