Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tagged! Why I Love My Country

I’ve been tagged by sexyredframe! If you haven’t read her amazing love story, you MUST check out her blog. The request: give five reasons why I love my country.

1. I love ice cream socials. Like the kind some neighborhoods have on the Fourth of July. Because I love ice cream, and I love socializing. And the feeling of community makes both sweeter.
source

2. I love that, no matter how the presidential election ends up, the next presidency will be extra-historic. We’ll either have a president of color or a woman vice president. Woot!

source

3. I love baseball games. Singing the national anthem give me goosebumps, and singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” at the top of my lungs is the Most! Fun! Ever! Plus I get to drink beer, sit outside in the sunshine, and watch guys run around the field. Baseball is as American as apple pie.

source

4. I love State fairs. You get to pet the animals, eat corn on the cob, and ride on the Ferris Wheel. There’s music and a rodeo and people selling all manner of odd things. It’s nice to see families together, enjoying the summer.

source

5. I love the grand range of countryside we have in the U.S.: from the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans, white with foam . . . . There’s no other place quite like it.

source

I’m tagging Father Stacy, Elaine at Little Lives Photography, Meg at A Practical Wedding, Vane at Brooklyn Bride, and onesmallstar at Etsy Wedding.


Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the meme creator Caz

2. Link to the person who tagged you

3. Link back to the originator of the positive SA blog movement Cheap Thrills

4. Give 5 reasons why you love your country

5. Tag at least 5 people
Enjoy thinking about why you love your country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm officially becoming addicted to your blog! thanks for all of the kind words on weddingbee :) i love your engagement photos & seeing all of your plans. i wish i could register for the canon 40d on target, but no such luck! ;) i'll be sure to come back and visit you on here!

<3 miss candy corn

wildnis said...

The ocean image above is a copyright protected images and used without permission.
If you do that you should at least give the photographer credit for and a link to his/her website.
The ocean picture above is copyrighted by Rolf Hicker Photography.
Here you can find more of Rolf's ocean pictures.

Jules said...

Wildnis: Thanks for the heads up! Was listing the source just below the picture not enough? I'm not trying to steal anyone's images, I promise!

Anonymous said...

hey there,

it's great to see this meme has spread beyond our borders...

loved your list, am off to check out the rest of the blog too!